I am always looking to expand my knowledge! This year my focus is going to be on essential oils in general. I am even wanting to look into aromatherapy classes this year. I have not decided what classes I am going to take so here are some books I recommend, and some I have not yet read, but I am getting ready to! I will write up my review once I have it!
I look forward to updating this page as I have read the books, and as I find more books! All of my added comments will be found in blue. Find out what I think after I read it!
In Young Living, this is the most recommended reference book! Reference Guide for Essential Oils, 2017 Edition I can not tell you how you how excited I was to get this book!
I have not read the Oola books yet, but I think I need to. Oola for Women: Find Balance in an Unbalanced World–7 Key Areas of Life to Have Less Stress, More Purpose, and Reveal the Greatness Within You This is not out yet, but I did get Oola: Find Balance in an Unbalanced World
Essential Oils for a healthier life!
- Essential Oils For Weight Loss: Your Guide To Kickstart Your Weight Loss With Essential Oils (weight loss strategies, weight loss tips) (Volume 1) I loved this book! I got the ebook copy of it, and I do not see that offered any longer but I really did learn a lot from this book! I knew Lemon, Peppermint, and Grapefruit were great for weight management, but this taught me beyond those 3 oils!
- Oil Pulling: Oil Pulling Therapy- Detoxify, Heal & Transform your Body through Oil Pulling (Natural Remedies, Oil Pulling, Oral Health, Coconut Oil, Oral Cleansing) This book was okay but I am not sure I am sold on oil pulling. If you want to learn more this is a great place to start.
- Essential Oils for Dogs: Natural Remedies and Natural Dog Care Made Easy: Includes Essential Oils for Puppies and K9’s This is a good starting point for essential oils and pets, but I would not call this a reference book.
- Essential Oils For Beginners: The Little Known Secrets to Essential Oils and Aromatherapy for Weight Loss, Beauty and Healing I am only halfway through this book and I am very happy with it! This is great for a beginner and someone who wants to learn more about essential oils. Pull out pen and paper you will want to take notes!
- Container Gardening For Dummies I bought a hard copy of this. I have not read it cover to cover yet, but I do love what I have read!
- How to Grow Potatoes: Planting and Harvesting Organic Food From Your Patio, Rooftop, Balcony, or Backyard Garden (Booklet) I bought the Kindle version of this book. This book is for people who have never grow potatoes before. (That was me!) This book also has the plans for a great potato box. I think that is the box we are using this year too!
Young Living as a career!
- Getting Noticed: A No-Nonsense Guide to Standing Out and Selling More for Mompreneurs Who ‘Ain’t Got Time for That Are you already a member of Young Living? Are you looking to grow? This book was written by the head of the Lemon Dropper team! If you don’t already know, we pretty much rock! I have not bought this yet, but I am getting it VERY soon!
- The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph This book is recommended highly and I will have to order it as well!
No bad books, but not as exciting as others
- Essential Oils: A Beginner’s Guide Revealing the Power of Essential Oils This book was not bad. It uses the British method of essential oils and I have different thoughts on that. (British says no internal use) Other than that is has some good basic info and good info for use of essential oils in beauty. I think I got a copy that was two books in one, and I was way less interested in the second book.
- Aromatherapy and Essential Oils: A Beginners Guide (Lifestyle Guides Book 6) This book was not bad, at times it is a little overwhelming. It is worth the price if you can not afford a more complete book. Personally, I would save up and get a guide.
- ESSENTIAL OILS:: Essential oils and Aromatherapy Healthy Recipes Guide for Weight Loss, Healing and Beauty (Essential Oils for Beginners, Healing, Stress Relief, Aromatherapy for all Occasions) This was a lot like any other beginner guides. It has good safety warnings, and great carrier oil info but past that the recipes are pretty average and the info about the oils is limited.
- Essential Oils: A Guide to Using Essential Oils for Stress Reduction, Aromatherapy and Personal Care Pretty much like the other really basic books but it does touch briefly on essential oils and children. The other books do not even bring this up. I think this may also be a British Method book but I am not sure. One thing that bothered me is that it says to add oil to bath water. Oil and water don’t mix, you need a bath salt or something to mix with a bath.
Books I have but have not read yet!
Please note I have not read these yet, I can not say how good or bad they are yet, I honestly hope they are all good. I will update this as I read them!
- #GIRLBOSS I have not bought this yet but high on my maybe list!
- Making Herbal Remedies (Herbology At Home Book 1)
- The Complete Guide To Clinical Aromatherapy and Essential Oils of The Physical Body: Essential Oils for Beginners (The Secret Healer Book 1)
- Essential Oils & Aromatherapy Volume 2 (Boxed Set): Natural Remedies for Beginners to Expert Essential Oil Users
- Lavender: The Lavender Miracle! Discover Mind Blowing Benefits Of Using And Growing Lavender For Ultimate Health, Beauty, And Relaxation (Lavender – Herbal … – Natural Cures – Herbs – Herbal Medicine)
- Herbal Medicine: Natures Cures! How to Use Herbal Remedies and Natural Cures for Healing and Prevention of Everyday Ailments (Unlock the Secret Herbal … Natural Remedies to Heal Yourself)
- Essential Oils for Headaches: A Complete Practical Guide of Natural Remedies and Ailments: Essential Oils For Migraines
- Essential Oils: Going Green Has Never Been So Easy
- Living with Essential Oils: The Natural Wonder That Will Change Your Life
- Restore Your Health with Essential Oils: Discover the Power of Plants and Experience Lifelong Wellness
- Essential Oils for Men: Aromatherapy Guide for Weight Loss, Anxiety Cure and a Better Life (Essential oils, Weight loss)
- Homemade Body Sugar Scrubs: Quick and Easy recipes that are natural, healthy and additive free!
- Bath Salts: DIY Bath Salt Recipes: The Ideal Therapeutic Hobby Or Gift! (DIY Bath Salt Recipes, Bath Salts, Bath Bomb Recipes, Aromatherapy, Essential Oils, Miracle Cures, Bath Salts)
- Body Butter: Unlock the True Power of Body Butter With Fantastic Recipes
- Bath Bombs Made Simple: How Bath Bombs Can Create a Spa Setting in Your Own Home
- Bath Bombs Unleashed: Harness the Amazing Aromatic and Therapeutic Power of Bath Bombs
- Natural Beauty: Ancient Natural Beauty Secrets! – Organic Superfoods, Essential Oils, Natural Remedies, Homeade Beauty Recipes, Skin Care Secrets, And … Alkaline Foods, Ten Years Younger)
- Coconut Oil Deodorant Recipe with Essential Oils
- Boxed Set 2 Weight Loss
- Apple Cider Vinegar Handbook: Nature’s Remedy for Weight Loss, Detoxing, Allergies, Healthy Skin and Overall Health – Benefits, Uses, Recipes & More! (ACV is allowed on Paleo Diet & Raw Food Diet)
- Pickled! The Ultimate Recipe Guide – Over 30 Delicious & Best Selling Recipes
- JeBouffe Home Canning Step by Step Guide (second edition) Revised and Expanded
- Canning and Preserving All-in-One For Dummies
- The Essential Guide To Prepping: 45 Survival Tips For Beginners
- Happy, Healthy, and Prepared: Top Tips From the Hosts of The Survival Mom Radio Network
- Gardening Nuggets: 57 Tips For Getting Your Garden Growing
- Vertical Gardening: The Beginner’s Guide To Organic & Sustainable Produce Production Without A Backyard (vertical gardening, urban gardening, urban homestead, Container Gardening Book 1)
Books that turned out to be disappointing:
- 10 Essential Oils That Gave Me Freedom: How To Use Them And My Personal Story! (18 Non-Toxic Cleaning Recipes To Go Chemical-Free with Essential Oils Book 2) This turned out to be a big sales pitch for doTerra. I would like to point out I do not have a problem with doTerra but I am not happy that this book is $2.99 for something you can learn for free on many blogs or an oil 101.
- Essential Oils: A Guide to Improving Your Mental Well-Being with Essential Oils Over priced for VERY basic info. This one is not worth your time or money.