Dr Bronner’s Hemp Peppermint Soap
About the Company:
First let me tell you, this company is Amazing (capital A). They are certified Organic (3 certifications), Fair Trade, Vegan, GMO Free, and Kosher! That is just the tip of the iceberg! You really need to read that website to see how amazing this company is!
So far we have only used the Hemp and Peppermint. The scent is AMAZING, and we have not really wanted to try another one, because the scent is AMAZING. We tend to buy 1 bar and cut it into about 4 pieces. (We do this with all soaps) This soap is good for the whole family, for both face and body.
Soap is something my husband and I both kinda obsess about. We have requirements for soap, before we buy it, and certain things for us to say we love it.
- Must be non toxic ✓
- Must be no waste ✓
- Must be cost effective (Willing to bend on that if it is good soap.) ✓
- Not a Glycerin soap (I am not a fan) ✓
For us to love it:
- Must not dry skin
- Must leave us feeling clean ✓✓
- Must smell good without “fragrance” (non natural ones at lease) ✓
I do find it a little drying but not unbearable.
I mentioned Non-Toxic it checks out on Think Dirty! It is on there twice, once as a 0 and once as a 3 for allergens! This checks out for me!!
Pros and Cons:
- Organic, Fair Trade, Vegan, Kosher
- Uses essential oils, not “fragrance”
- Smells so good I wish I could eat it
- Whole family loves it
- Paper packaging
- The bar goes fast we have to buy more often than some of the other brands we buy.
- Drys my skin out. Okay for the summer but come winter I may need to switch soaps.
Paper. We do not order off the internet, since we are able to get it easy local, so not sure about packaging when you order online.
Waste: 0! Paper is compostable, and when the bar gets small we put it in a soap saver.